When you’re planning a move, it’s important to prepare both mentally and physically. Professional Boston to New York movers from Cratos Moving Inc. shared with us their recommendations on how best to prepare for the move. Here are some tips and tricks to help you through the process:
- Start by decluttering your home. This will not only make packing easier, but it will also help you save money on moving costs.
- Make a list of all the things you need to do in order to prepare for your move. This will help you stay organized and on track.
- Start packing early. This will give you time to properly pack fragile items and figure out what goes where.
- Make sure to label all of your boxes with their contents and destination room. This will make unpacking much easier later on.
- Pack a survival kit with all the essentials you’ll need for your first few days in your new home. This should include things like toiletries, snacks, and a change of clothes.
- If you have pets, make arrangements for them to either stay with a friend or be boarded during the move.
- Hire professional movers to help with the heavy lifting. This will save you time and energy on moving day.
- Make sure to transfer your utilities ahead of time so that you’re not without power or water in your new home.
- Pack a first-day box with everything you’ll need on your first day in your new place. This should include things like dishes, silverware, and bedding.
- Do a final walk-through of your old home to make sure you haven’t forgotten anything.
- Make sure to change your address with the post office so that you don’t miss any important mail.
- Take some time to relax and celebrate once you’ve moved into your new home! You deserve it after all that work.
So, there you have it! These are just a few tips and tricks to help you prepare for your upcoming move. With a little planning and preparation, the process can be much smoother and less stressful. Good luck!